60 degrees in August? Picture time!

8.22.2007

First many thanks to my husband who cheerfully participated in not one, but two picture taking sessions to get a completed sweater photo. He even said "Work it, work it," as I spun around thinking I was looking elegant. It turns out I was actually looking pissed off/fat/goofy, take your pick. Couple that with the bad lighting in our apartment and you have a very uninspiring FO. That's too bad because this is a great design and I've been wearing it everyday. Pattern - Slouchy Cardigan from "Greetings from Knit Cafe"
Yarn - Plymouth Baby Alpaca DK in a color 402, 9-10 skeins (Had to buy more and I don't really remember the total)
Needle size - ummmm one size smaller than pattern called for. I got this book from the library so I can't reference it now.

(Photo Caption: Did I eat all the cookies in my cabinet? My sweater will never tell.)

Note to self: Maybe you should keep some records.

Mods - When I learned to knit from "Stitch and Bitch" the book did say to check the web for any pattern errors before starting. Did I do this? Hell no! We're lucky I even knit a swatch and got the correct gauge. The pattern for the back is error free so I was lulled into a false sense of security. Then at the beginning of a
two hour train ride I realized something completely wacky i
s going on with the decrease on the front. I wasn't going to sit there and do nothing for two hours so I just decreased semi-randomly until I got the right stitch count. Luckily this worked fine. All the corrections are in an easy to find place on the knit cafe website. I only have myself to blame for not looking.
If I knit this sweater again I might do it in something other than alpaca. The Plymouth Baby DK has a nice drape but it also sheds like crazy. It's already pilling under the arms and......across my butt. (My butt destroys all clothing, it is a force of nature that can not be contained.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi pixel perfect web designs